Re: [IP] Back from the endo + Cholesterol questions

The results are so close together that your doctor should not jump to
conclusions right away and start pushing pills.  Maybe wait another month
or three and repeat.  Or you can repeat yourself by purchasing a
cholesterol the test online at www.MDLABTEST.com.  Then go to one of their
labs to get the blood drawn.

I have learned a lot since not having insurance coverage.  I too had to
start taking cholesterol medicine many, many years ago.  At first they were
all brand names.  Not knowing any better and having insurance, I never
questioned the choice.  When I lost my insurance, I asked my doctor if I
could take generic Simvastatin.  He agreed and I have been taking it since
2010.  The prescriptions was for 20 mg.  When I got tested and the numbers
were within a respectable range, I decided to take the medication every
other day.  When I had the next test, the numbers were still good.  So I
decided to cut the pills in half (10 mg.) and take half every other day.  I
did that for about 2 years.  When a test revealed that I was a little over
200, I went back on 10 mg. per day and that worked for me.

I figured that with no insurance, I have to make my own decisions.  Doctors
can only go by certain guidelines.  They don't always know everything.