Re: [IP] Back from the endo + Cholesterol questions

Congrats Denise! 6.4 is awesome!

I just got my lab work done this morning and was hoping my LDL numbers
would be lower because I moved to the East Coast last fall and the first
time I got lab work done here my Cholesterol numbers were high:

Your cholesterol results performed on 11/27/2013 are as follows:

Total Cholesterol = 205

 HDL (the 'good' cholesterol) = 65

 LDL (the 'bad' cholesterol) = 129

 Triglycerides = 55

My new endo out here immediately wanted me to start taking Cholesterol
pills, but I objected because all my lab work on the West Coast showed low
LDL values: 91, 66, 76, 82
so I found it hard to believe.

Well, my results from this morning are a tiny bit better:

Total Cholesterol = 181

 HDL (the 'good' cholesterol) = 59

 LDL (the 'bad' cholesterol) = 112

 Triglycerides = 47

but I am afraid that because my LDL>100 they will still want me to start
taking pills.

Has anyone ever heard of LDL results being different fasting vs non-fasting?

On the west coast they never made me fast for blood work, I'm Type I...
fasting is hard when my sugars are low!
Here, they've made me fast both times (the first time I woke up with a 68
and had to jet to the hospital to get the testing done ASAP!) luckily this
morning my numbers were higher so I suspended my pump!

Could my LDL be higher out here because they make me fast?
(or even worse: could my low LDL values back when I didn't fast be
attributed to that!)

Thanks for any advice, I really don't want to take Cholesterol pills for
the rest of my life!

---Firas