Re: [IP] Insulin Cartridges

I assume that 32 units a day is what you tell the pump? 32 units a day would
not justify using U-500 insulin, as a 10 cc vial of U-500 has 5000 units and
would last you almost 5 months. 160 units a day is not out of line for a T2.
On Apr 30, 2013, at 2:54 AM, John S Wilkinson wrote:

> I use U-500 in my pump. I use approx.. 32 units a day. I top off my
> cartridges when I change sites. I prefill 4 cartridges and keep them in the
> fridg. I use a cartridge until empty.
> Then refill them for months. I change sites every 10 days. I get no redness
> no different from 3 days. I do not have scar tissue at the sites. I do not
> change tubing all the time.
> In fact I just throughout a plastic grocery bag full of tubing. I used to
> use it to tie up tomato plants in the garden. I no longer have a garden.
> CAUTION DO NOT DO AS I DO.  I HAVE TITRATED THIS OVER 7 YEARS, A LITTLE AT
> TIME.

Sue Ann Bowling, author of Award Winners Homecoming and Tourist Trap
http://sueannbowling.com