Re: [IP] Re: IP so sad

Denise asked:
> Jan, if you were to use Regular insulin in your pump now, would you change
> your
> basal rate or would it be the same? I use Novolog but believe it's good to
> know
> many things before I NEED to know them. :) Also, the lag time is only 20
> minutes? That's not so bad in the scheme of things, I think. I figured it
> would
> be longer than that.

I would think it would, but the proof of the pudding is to test frequently
to make sure it is. I areally don't recall since I wasn't even taught about
Basal Fasting at that time. I learned at least 17 things about pumping when
I got on the 'net as my doctor did not keep up with pumping advances. I was
a *Pioneer* being #7 in the area with a monster, basic pump. I'm nearing
62.5 years as a PWD (person w/diabetes).

Some of the drawbacks of R in the pump is to wait that 20 min. to eat, but
I'm alive and it worked. Humalog was a real blessing when it came out, but
after about 12 years I can no longer use it and am on Novolog now. If that
fails, I do have Apidra to try. ;-)

Blessings & Sonshine,
Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks