[IP] Re: IP so sad

Lilliana offered, in part:
>  When it comes to insulin you are not going to be able to
> compromise.

Remember, too, Humalog, the first rapid-acting analog is not yet 20 years
old. Some of us have been pumping over 25 years. what did we use? Regular
(R). I've been pumping almost 30 years and started with Beef/Pork insulin.
Used it for almost 16 years in my pump(s). It can be done again and requires
no Rx. It has a 20-min lag but doable.

> Do you take other medicines besides insulin, go generic.  Insist on
> it with your doctor   He may try to tell you that this medication or
> that other one is not as effective; that's not true.

However, some have an additive that make them not workable for some
individuals. I have to use EMLA cream to numb my skin for the huge dialysis
needles when inserted into my skin. The generic makes me itch so bad I bleed
under the skin. Medicare will pay for the generic and not the EMLA ($95 a 3
oz tube). I have to go through mail order to Canada and get for $36, which
is sent from Denmark - which being frozen bothers me. But, it works. .

Blessings & Sonshine,
Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks