Re: [IP] Airline Travel

 The metal detectors catch the pump and the sensor as both contain metal. When I
fly I always tell the TSS at the conveyor I have a pump and sensor. I then tell
the agent at the metal detector. I agree that TSS needs more education but they
don't follow their own guidelines on their website as it is airport by airport.
I usually have no issues flying out if Albany, by but last year on my way to
aade TSS agents for the pat down were just stupid. The agents in Las Vegas and
Raleigh seemed more educated and was very easy - informed them, was patted down,
pump and sensor and hands swabbed then ony way. Took about 2 minutes.

 There is some discussion that if a pumper knowingly puts there cgm and pump
thru X-ray and it malfunctions that the company will not replace for free if
under warrantee. I support this move. It is deliberate acts such as this that
influence medical costs.

 I am sure some will be offended by my words but think about the bigger picture
if all of us on this list. None of us want to see the cost of our insurance or
supplies go up any more than it already does.

Cindi

T1 x 40 years, pumping since 1985; RN CDE

Sent from my iPhone