[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V12 #91

Re: site infections from pumping

 I began using a Disetronic H-tron pump in July of 1992. At that time I used
Hibiclen's and Alcohol. Both are very inexpensive and can be easily obtained in
the pharmacy. Wiped in a circle the site with the water diluted Hibiclen's
solution and then wiped with 99% Alcohol and I have never had any infections at
all. I am currently using a Medtronic Paradigm 522 with a Continuous Glucose
Monitor (began in May or 2007). Cover the infusion set after it is inserted with
Tagaderm dressing which holds very well for me. Of course (ymmv)!

Diagnosed 50 years ago and doing very well. Pat in AZ :-)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

 NOTICE: This E-mail is the property of the Arizona Department of Health
Services and contains information that may be PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL or
otherwise exempt from disclosure by applicable law. It is intended only for the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you receive this communication in error,
please do not retain or distribute it. Please notify the sender immediately by
E-mail at the address shown above and delete the original message. Thank you.