Re: [IP] Medicare Coverage for Omnipod???

 <I have had an MM, a Cozmo and a ping all covered under medicare. The
Omnipod is another story, Medicare considers each pod a complete pump
and will only replace a pump every five years.
Siles>
 Well, I've been trying to figure out how to obtain a new pump I can actually
afford. I am not on Medicare. Called the Omnipod folks today, and followed up a
call to Edgepark. My HMO considers all boxes of pods as DME. I would have to pay
approx $150 per month for each box of pods. To me, this means I wont ever be
able to afford patch pumps. My only choice is going to be financing, or do
nothing, or take on a better HMO program next year(which would have been over
$1000 per month this year and we get a rate increase every year).
 I'm about to tell my physician, just forget the pump thing. After ten years of
this, might as well use mine till they die and go back on shots.
 Thanks to the HMO's lovely relationship with Carecentrix, I cant even have the
$700 Animas trade-in credit. MM, Animas and Insulet have all said, "Oh, your HMO
uses Carecentrix. That changes everything."
Yes, I am venting.
Laura in NM.