Re: [IP] No Wonder!

 OK--that's the one that probably saved my life 2 years ago, when I passed out
at the foot of the bed (must have gotten up to check BG but I don't remember)
and was lying on the floor with the pump alarming continuously (I do have a CGM
but the alarm isn't loud enough) with BG below 40 for at least 8 hours. Managed
to come to enough to crawl back to bed and take 4 glucose tablets then conked
out for another 7 hours and woke up high.
On Apr 28, 2011, at 4:47 AM, Elizabeth Blake wrote:

> [...]
and
> has nothing to do with CGMS. It's a supposed safety feature that will
 > automatically turn off the pump if you don't press any buttons in a set
amount
 > of time. I guess that is in case you pass out, after X hours it stops
delivery.
> My CDE set it up for 12 hours when I got my first pump. It went off once as I
> was getting on the bus to go to work. I had eaten dinner the night before and
 > skipped breakfast, so I never needed to bolus for a long time. No CGMS then
and
 > I didn't bother manually entering BGs unless I was going to bolus because
that
> first pump didn't remember them anyway.
>
 > To shut off CGMS alarms you have to use the option within the sensor menu.
You
> can not shut off the general pump alarms like Low Reservoir, Low Battery etc.
>

> --
> Liz
> Type 1 dx 4/1987
> Minimed 723 Revel + CGMS
> .

Sue Ann Bowling, Author of Homecoming (Reader Views Literary Awards Winner)
http://www.sueannbowling.com