[IP] infection at infusion site

 This has to be one of those ymmv things. Some people need to do a whole thing
of
 carefully wipe the new site area with rubbing alcohol, then a shin barrier like
skin tac wipes, put tegaderm tape down or iv 3000, insert infusion set and
 another tape (tegaderm). then you get the complete opposite who puts an
infusion
set in without really needing all the wipes and tape.

>Has Anyone ever had an infection from their pump infusion set? I can't use
IV preps cause they cause more infections. Any suggestions. I don't have any
insurance and little money. Any suggestions?<

 I learned right after a bath or shower, towel dry before dressing is a good
time
to put a new infusion set in. no lotion though, interfers with the sticky tape
and you might get lotion into the cannula.

infusion sets made by unomedical
angled - comfort, comfort short, inset 30
90 - quick-set, inset, mio
Just to name a few. the inset looks like the mio except for the connection to
the cartridge.