Re: [IP] jury duty

 I have been called for jury duty 3 times and never tried to get out of it. The
first time I was never chosen. The second time I was chosen on the third (final)
day and was told to report back the next day. When we got there, they said the
parties settled out of court and our job was finished. Those first two times I
was not on a pump and was barely testing my BG (had no control at all). The last
time was either 2010 or 2009, so I was pumping and had CGMS, and I was chosen.
We were told it was a one day trial so we would be finished that same day. Since
it was a fast trial we were not allowed to leave the courtroom. They gave us
menus from a nearby diner and we had to order from a select number of dishes
(they paid). With the greasy food and no activity, I ended up running high all
afternoon. I was able to pull out my pump every so often and glance at my sensor
readings. I knew my sensor was working well so I did corrections based
 on the sensor.

 They did say, at the beginning, if anyone had any special needs to ask to speak
with the judge. If I said I needed to get my meter out and test every 30
minutes, I don't know what they would have said. I did not ask for any special
treatment because I really, really wanted to serve on that one day trial and get
it over with.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987