[IP] 24 hours on Lantus and Apidra w/o CGM

Well, folks, MM delivered my new pump at 9:30 a.m. I had recently uploaded to
Carelink, so all my settings were stored in there and their customer support
representative went through them with me, step by step.  I always write down
my basals, but not the other things like insulin sensitivity.

My BGs were really good all evening and during the night. The highest my BG
got  was 190, late in the morning. I'm not sure why.

All hell broke loose AFTER I started up the pump, and this is NOT because
there is anything wrong with the pump!  I inserted a new set and filled the
reservoir, etc. at 3:00 p.m. and set the lowest possible basal on the pump,
since I knew I had one hour of Lantus left. At 4:00 p.m. my BG was 153. I took
.3 unit. At 5:03 p.m. my BG was 236!! A large bolus did nothing at all, so at
6:00 p.m. I took an injection and then changed out the set. All was well after
that. I will say that I missed the pump and CGM, but I think I have more than
my share of infusion site issues, which are very frustrating. My BG rarely got
above 200 when I took Lantus with Humalog before meals. I did miss my CGM last
night, though!

Signe