Re: [IP] Why do some T1's never feel full from eating?

Hi Denise, I agree with Liz.  I was always hungry on both MDI and on the pump
until I started taking Symlin in 2005.
 Symlin slows down digestion and prevents the liver from releasing more
glucose (?) in response to the insulin you inject with your
 food.  I may have the words wrong, but the idea is right.  So now I take
Symlin with every meal and I have to use a dual wave
bolus because of the slower digestion.  It keeps the blood sugars more even
after meals.  I love the feeling of not being constantly
hungry.  If I remember correctly, you have a child with T1.  I'm not sure if
Symlin is approved for children, but it is worth
discussing with the doctor.

Julia
Minimed 522