Re: [IP] New Manner of Calculating A1c?

I looked into it, and there *is* a new way to calculate A1c's that they are
trying to standardize around the world called the International Federation
of Clinical Chemistry (IFCC) units. The wikipedia article (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycated_hemoglobin ) states that it has
already been introduced in many other parts of the world, and that the U.S.
is likely to follow suit.  The UK is supposedly doing dual reporting. The
conversion they have on wiki gives me an A1c % of 6.4 from her reported
number of 46, so that seems reasonable.

Emily