Re: [IP] Being prepared...

  I always keep my open vial in a little kit which is always in my backpack,
along with 2 sets, a reservoir, a couple of AAA Energizers, 2 syringes and some
other stuff. I also keep an unopened vial in my fridge at work. I have all
supplies & medications shipped to my job since I live in an apartment and
there's no place to leave packages if I'm not home. My neighbors are rarely home
either. Whenever I get a shipment I always remove the unopened viual frfom my
fridge and leave one from the new shipment in its place, so nothing stays there
for years and goes out of date without me realizing it. If I do end up needing
the vial (has happened to me several times now) I put it in my kit and bring in
an unopened one from home the next day. I do the same with a vial of test strips
each time I get them.

 In the days before the pump I can't tell you how many times I got to work and
realized my Humalog pen was empty. I had to run out and buy a vial of Regular. I
didn't have my own fridge then and I never thought to leave an extra pen in the
kicthen fridge.
--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987