Re: [IP] Being prepared...

When I had a Disternoic and used glass cartridges there was no problem with
pre-filling. When I told my PA about doing that with the Animas she said I
could not do that, that the insulin sitting in plastic alters the property of
the insulin. I have, sometimes when caught short with an empty cartridge--or
not enough to cover the meal, etc. etc. etc. I have gone out and bought some
over the counter Humulin (not Humalog, which you can't get without a script)
and some needles to cover me until I got home. It would probably be better if
I carried with me an extra cartridge, infusion set, and an extra bottle of
humalog. ooops, forgot I was on novolog, but I still have been able to get
novolin OTC in a lot of states in the midwest. Dennis