From: Diane Carter <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Medicare/insulin for the pump
To: email @ redacted
Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011, 11:14 AM

Would the insulin for the pump be billed under durable since it's used with a
pump?  So far I haven't been able to do so and have to pay the copay of 20%
which is $90 for me with part B under Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan.  My
durable strips and pump supplies seem to be fully covered, however.  It's
true
that the pharmacists don't seem to have the knowledge of how to bill in this
situation.  They seem to want to put it under medications with a copay.
Walgreens seemed to have the knowledge but now they don't seem to be on my
list.  :(

Diane from Michigan

Diane