Re: [IP] Bubbles

On 4/12/2011 7:03 PM, Jeannie Roseman wrote:
>   I have posted before about bubbles in my reservoirs but I may be one of the
 > only ones on this site with the problem as I had only one response. The
problem
 > continues no matter what I do. I've had a pump for over 11 years and the last
6
> have plagued me with bubbles a day or two after filling the reservoir.
>
 > Yesterday I met with the MM rep and we filled one of MY reservoirs together.
> (Lot # H7734912) There were absolutely no bubbles and no little champagne
> bubbles to coalesce into a big bubble. I went on my way with her blessing and
> today I had a bubble blocking delivery. She did say that the nurses who do a
 > monthly regional phone call are beginning to hear more and more about
problems
 > with bubbles. The term "air leakage" is being used by them. When they check
with
 > MM however, they are told that MM gets very few calls about bubbles, yet
these
 > regional nurses are hearing it and I am definitely having a problem. She told
me
> to keep a chart of the reservoirs and lot numbers.
>
>   Am I the only one on this site with bubbles that appear after I fill an
> ostensibly bubble-free reservoir then get a bubble that blocks delivery and
> shoots up blood sugars a day or two later?
>
> Jean Roseman
>

> On Apr 12, 2011, at 12:12 PM, insulin-pumpers-digest wrote:
>
>> insulin-pumpers-digest     Tuesday, April 12 2011     Volume 12 : Number 076
>>

>> PLEASE edit the subject line of your reply messages.
>> ####################################################
>> This issue of the digest contains:
>> Re: [IP] One Touch Ultra strips
>> Re: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> [IP] Alarms on the Revel
>> [IP] Re:4
>> [IP] Re:4
>> [IP] Re:6
>> [IP] shut down
>> Re: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> Re: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> Re: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] shut down
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> RE: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> RE: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> RE: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> Re: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> RE: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump
>> RE: [IP] Trigger finger bang, bang...
>> [none]
>> [none]
>> [IP] Re:0
>> Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump

>> Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 09:53:52 -0700
>> From: Valerie Adams<email @ redacted>
>> Subject: Re: [IP] One Touch Ultra strips

> [...]
You really have to be carefull about filling your cartridges.  Fill them
slowly and make sure the insulin is at room temp.  Make sure that the
infusion set is snugly fit to the cartridge and watch for any bubbles
when you prime.  Pesky micro-bubbles in the tubing *usually* can be
cleared by  extending the tubing vertically above the pump and giving
the tubing a couple of quick "snaps" by quickly extending the tubing to
its length, then prime a bit more insulin.  If you are sure that the
tubing is free of bubbles and then you get them, and MM isn't helping, I
would call the FDA or go to their website and report a product issue.

Clint