RE: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump

I just ordered a new one from MM. It was starting to break off on one
side.  Do you use a quarter or nickel to screw the battery top on?

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of richard price
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:12 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Paradigm insulin pump

 When screwing in the battery fastener screw sometimes it doesn't screw
in
properly because it does not catch properly.
 When that happens I unscrew it and very carefully re enter the screw.
If it is
in properly it will screw in fully. If it is not
 in properly, it will become tight before it is fully screwed in. Also
if it is
not started properly and tightens before it is fully seated, do not
force it in
at you might
damage the threads.  It's plastic and not as strong at metal.
Richard

On Apr 11, 2011, at 8:33 PM, Bob Nowak wrote:

> Yes. I use an eraser. The pump was replaced in Jan because the 1 year
old
> pump just died. The new pump never worked when we got it out of the
box. The
> next one is having this problem that happens 1 out of 10 batteries.
It's
> basically a 3 month old pump. We never had any problems with either of
our
> last 2 minimed pumps.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Marshall <email @ redacted>
wrote:

>> Have you tried cleaning the contacts, with either a pencil eraser or
very
>> carefully with a liquid contact cleaner, perhaps using a q-tip
(Probably
>> Not
>> Recommended By The MM Help Desk)?
>>
>> <SLASH>
>> Same batteries we've used for 8 years. If you get an error or no
battery
>> and
>>
>> take the battery out and replace it with the same one it will work
most of
>> the
>> time!
>> <SLOSH>
>> .
> .
*******
NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attached
solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above in connection
with official business.  This communication may contain Sensitive
But Unclassified information that may be statutorily or otherwise
prohibited from being released without appropriate approval.  Any
review, use, or dissemination of this e-mail message and any
attached file(s) in any form outside of the Bureau of Alcohol,
Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives or the Department of Justice without
express authorization is strictly prohibited.