From: Jim Durr <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] ENDO VISIT # 2
To: email @ redacted, "Donna LaFrate"
<email @ redacted>
Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 5:50 AM

 Hi, I do know that everyone is waiting with bated breath to hear how my
second
visit went with my new endo in Malone, NY. Everything went very well and I
would
recommend her to anyone who needs an endo. The North Country is really in the
sticks. She sees patients three days a week--Tuesdays, Wednesdays and
Thursdays.
 On closer inspection she is not really a candidate for Playboy. The greatest
asset she has is she listens. She also worked WITH me. We did discuss 4 meals
day and she felt that three with snacks would be fine. My pump was downloaded
and we worked together with new rates. I also told her how the CGMS would be
way
off from actual bgs. That morning it said I was 72 and the meter said 172.
While
bowling once it said 90 and the meter said 41. I did tell her that I must
have
good genes because this September would be 55 years on insulin. She listened
when I told her that my brother became diabetic at 25 and lasted 30 years. I
told her about him having an autoimmune disease myasthenia gravis. She spent
plenty of time withy me and asked at the end if there were any questions. The
office and staff were also excellent. They gave me a paper to rate the way
things went and I gave them an excellent rating on everything--time waiting,
receptionist, other personnel, etc. I will be back in 3 months. Hopefully I
will
get the program for my iMac so I can send my bgs to her office.
 I didn't get a chance to tell her I am no longer a sexagenarian and am now a
septuagenarian as of April 2.
Oh well, maybe next time.
Cheers,
Jim D