Re: [IP] Blood Glucose Testing

 I'm having trouble getting even 10/day through Medicare. The last time I
ordered supplies, Medicare apparently decided that 7/day was a good number, so
that's what they allowed. I got my doc to document the exact way I use 10/day
(before and after meals, bedtime, before driving, etc.) and we're fighting the
good fight even as we speak to get my 10/day reinstated. I'd been getting 10/day
through Medicare since 2007 without a problem, and my secondary paid the copay
no questions asked.
Jack

On Apr 5, 2011, at 2:09 PM, Phyllis wrote:

 > I was wondering how many people on Medicare as their primary use 10 or more
test strips/day.
 > How many test strips does Medicare pay for? Medicare and they payer, in my
case it is CIGNA, has decided that I only need 10 BG tests/day. They have
continued to deny coverage for more after submitting logs from CareLink,
Progress Notes and letters from doctors, and appeals from my supplier.