 From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
email @ redacted
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:09 PM
To: email @ redacted
 Subject: Re: [IP] Robotic Pancreas: One Manbs Quest to Put Millions of
Diabetics on Autopilot | Magazine

----- "sarah jones" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Interesting article in Wired magazine.
> http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/04/ff_pancreas/
> .

 This is a very interesting article. I refuse to support the JDRF in any
 fashion, but I do go to many of their presentations - and they give a lot in
Boston area.

 I had a chance to go see one that Dr. Kowalski gave about the artificial
pancreas. He is very engaging, and earnest, and I liked him a lot. I got a
chance to chat with him for a few minutes after his presentation, and asked why
 in the world the JDRF won't contribute to Dr. Faustman's trial. He didn't
have an answer - he simply replied that there's only so much money for so many

  It really angers me that they spend so many millions on an artificial
yet won't contribute to something that may very well be a real cure. I admit to
my bias, being enrolled in Dr. Faustman's trial, but I am extremely pissed at
the JDRF, and I actively discourage people from supporting them for this very

 They seem to be more interested in simply supporting technology that helps us
deal with this damned disease rather than finding a real cure. I could write
about this subject for the next hour or so, but I'm afraid I've already bored

dx'd 1985 age 31
MM 522 since Aug 2007
CGMS since Dec 2007