Re: [IP] Is this normal or a pump problem?

> I disconnect for showering and always find a little air in the tubing
> after the pump has been disconnected for a while.  i just flush it out
> with the "fill tubing" command.  Sarah
> On Apr 3, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Julie W wrote:

If you raise the "set" end of the tube above the pump you will see
more air in the tube if you do the opposite and raise the pump above
the "set" end the air will reduce or go away altogether. Just gravity
shrinking or stretching the tubing slightly like a ballon due to the
weight of the insulin in the tube.

When you lower the set some insulin gets pushed out, you raise it
back up, air gets sucked in.

Michael