Re: [IP] Please help me with my sen-serter

From: Jon Wagner <email @ redacted>

> Recently, when ever I try to shoot that OMG awful needle into me, it
> goes very very very slowly or just stops a little bit under the skin.
> It snaps very hard when empty but I literally have to push on the
> plastic end of the needle to drive the whole thing into my gut.

Hi Jon,

 The first thing that comes to mind is if you are loading the sensor into the
inserter correctly. Make sure you have the little cylindrical thing pressed into
the sofserter hole really tight, and that the little tab fits into the slot. If
that's not happening, you may have some friction that is slowing the spring
down.

 Also, make sure you use more than a 45 degree angle. Their documentation says
to use the 45 degree angle, and that's how it is made, but you need a sharper
angle - but obviously not as much as 90 degrees. Just tilt it up a little.

 You don't say how you were trained, but I would recommend getting in touch with
your trainer - whether it be Medtronic rep (proabably preferable) or your CDE to
see if you are using the sofseter right. If you're really skinny, you may be
running into muscle, so try to find someplace where you have plenty of fatty
tissue. Good luck - the same thing has happened to me once after about 15
sensors, so I seem to have a little better luck than you.

Tom
--
dx 1985 at age 32
MM 522 8/07