Re: [IP] Please help me with my sen-serter

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Jon Wagner <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I have a paradigm 722.  I am also using the cgm that I got from mini med.
> Even though Blue cross & blue shield federal told me they would pay for the
> sensors, they lied.  I was hit with a $700.00 bill after my second shipment
> arrived.

I just went through a similar problem with my 722 pump supplies with
blue cross of NJ.

My January supply order resulted in a bill for $500 from MM.  So I
called BC/BS and they told me that MM had not submitted a referral.
So I called MM.  They said they would look into it.  A month later I
got another Bill from MM.  So I called MM again, and was told that I
was covered at 100%, and they would look into it.  Next month same
old/same old.  This time I was told that they would do a back dated
referral.

Three days later I got the same sort of letter for my APR order.  So I
called MM and get the same message.  So I called BC/BS.  After an hour
on hold they finally figured out that MM was not recorded as an
authorized supplier in their data base.  Said that both bills will be
re-processed, and that I was covered at 100%.  We shall see.

One comment.  I have a walk around telephone headset, and this whole
effort cost me at least 4 hours on hold.  But I can do work while on
hold.

Good luck,

--
George E Eberhardt