RE: [IP] Digital PDA for carb counting?

So there's various software, but are there any specific devices you'd
recommend to go along with the software? Would older versions of PDAs (old
palms, etc.) - that might be cheaper than the current release versions -
work well enough?

I'd hate to buy a Blackberry or Palm just for this... And my Motorola Razr
cell phone doesn't have web service to download the DietOrganizer. Plus
DietOrganizer has all kind of tracking that I wouldn't need.

I really just need some kind of portable Excel database for easy
search/reference.