Re: [IP] Pump supply kits?

--- On Wed, 4/30/08, Frank (III) Baker <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  I have only been at this since January, as far as pumping
> goes and already have
> an overstuffed kit bag that goes where I go. I am curious
> on what you guys carry
> in your kits when away from home.

 I carry a plastic Tupperware-like container with me. It's approximately 5 x
6.75 x 2.25 inches. It holds two Silhouettes, one reservoir, my current vial of
insulin (which is fine, year round in NYC, with no ice pack), 2 syringes, a tube
of antibiotic ointment, a few Band aids, several IV Prep wipes & alcohol wipes,
a few Tegaderm & IV3000, a large piece of Hypafix, AAA batteries (at least 3 - 1
for pump, 2 for meter, a coin for opening the battery compartment on the pump,
extra vials of test strips (I can fit in up to 4 vials of One Touch strips). I
also carry my UltraSmart meter in it's own case.

I toss the plastic case & my meter into my backpack every day.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987