RE: [IP] MM's "Onetouch Ultralink" meter: My verdict.

> I asked the nurse to redo the test. She took out a new vial and
> didn't code the meter. When I pointed it out to her she said no one
> ever told her it needed to be done and as far as she knows it had
> never been done.

I reported  that the meter at my dialysis clinic was 50 pts higher than
mine. Come to find out only one nurse (6 nurses and 10 techs) was allowed to
change the code on the meter. When asked, she hadn't done it for quite some
time. The techs usually do the tests and they'd open a new vial and could
not change the code. DUH!!! I reported it and hopefully that practice has
changed. I use my own meter but they take the blood from the machine to
test.

Jan & Muskers- T-1  http://maxpages.com/bludasue  -
http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  - http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
(evolution of pumps)