RSe: [IP] Help from Canada needed, please

> I called the meter mfr (BD), and they told me that mfrs allow a 20%(!!)
> variance, which is accepted by the Canadian Diabetes Association, and
> that if I checked the vial, I would see this range.

James Handsfield, of the CDC (USA) reports: "Under the Clinical Laboratories
Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA '88) all home test meters must meet
the same minimum accuracy and precision requirements. Their tests must
be within 5% of a laboratory standard 50% of the time. That may be
approximated as +/- 20%.

   This is a good reason not to drive below 100 mg/dL; it may actually
be lower and a drop in BG may result. Drive responsibly.

Jan & Muskers- T-1  http://maxpages.com/bludasue  -
http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  - http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics
(evolution of pumps)