Re: [IP] MM's "Onetouch Ultralink" meter: My verdict. Also: Help from Canada needed, please

--- On Tue, 4/29/08, Leppanen <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  I got one of the very first Profiles here in the states
> way back in June 1996
> (22 June 96 to be exact). Bought 100 strips and got the
> meter for free.

 I think I got my Profile in 1996 as well. I know I was still living in my last
apartment, and I've been in my current one for 11 years. A box showed up out of
nowhere with a card saying that if I liked the meter, would I please send them
my old one. I had never used a Lifescan meter before that. I think I had a Bayer
at the time. I hated the huge drop of blood that the Profile needed but I loved
being able to tag my readings. The Profile had a FASTING tag, which I wish the
UltraSmart included. I always test my BG when I get up but don't often eat
breakfast for an hour or more, and I test again. I's just like to be able to tag
that first reading as FASTING, rather than Before Breakfast.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987