Re: [IP] RE: Coding/PC Comms

--- On Tue, 4/29/08, Wyldceltic1 <email @ redacted> wrote:

> So, I will also have to see how much they want for that
> chip too, as
> nothing other than the meter, sample bottle of strips and
> paperwork
> came with mine.

 If you sign up for the Carelink web site, you'll see a message when you sign in
for a free USB device. Clicking on the link there will take you to the Minimed
store (and yes, you will have to register or have an existing account there) and
will put the USB device in your cart. Check out, and that's it. No cost, not
even for shipping. I got mine within a week of requesting it. I like that it's
in my USB hub at all times and I don't have to drag out another cable and that
stupid BD meter.

 I never used Carelink before because when I got my pump, it didn't support the
UltraSmart meter. Carelink now does work with all Lifescan meters, including the
UltraSmart. Gee, I wonder why Lifescan changed their mind and gave Minimed the
information?!

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987