Re: [IP] RE: Coding/PC Comms

At 05:11 PM 4/29/2008, you wrote:
>Right. But others you did have to or the number just kept flashing at
>you. IME.
>
>OK... Next question:
>The UltraLink has a USB to communicate to the CareLink. Can this not
>be used at all now with the Solutions and regular cable? Like the BD
>would have the cable that goes from the 'mouth' of the meter to the
>USB in the computer, This new one leads me to believe it is only to
>the CareLink Personal software, consequently to their WEBSITE. I don't
>mind installing it ON my computer.

This is a message I got from Medtronics about the ParadigmPAL.

"Thank you for contacting Medtronic Diabetes. The Carelink USB is a brand
new device that only works with Carelink; it does not work with
Solutions or Pal Software. To add the Carelink USB to those programs
would require an update which is not planned at this time. Please
contact our 24-Hour Product Helpline at 800-646-4633 option 1 for
further assistance."

I will have to keep my BD meter around to backup my meter settings or
for changing my settings in the computer and then sending them back
to the meter.

Oh well.

Linda H.