Re: [IP] RE: Coding test strips

--- On Tue, 4/29/08, Candice/Andy <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering why people cannot use the test strip
> after coding their
> meter. I just pull it out of the machine and re-insert then
> test.

 There's no reason why you can't use the strips. With the Lifescan meters, you
don't even have to remove it & reinsert it. Just change the code, wait for it to
stop flashing and it will then go on to the screen telling you to add the blood.

 My problem is the UltrSmart will stay on the reminder screen to change the code
every 25 tests. I often miss that and just apply the blood, and realize it's not
counting down. Since I've added blood, I have to toss that strip and start over,
making sure I press OK when the reminder screen stays on!

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987