From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Blake
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:59 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] MM's "Onetouch Ultralink" meter: My verdict. Also: Help
from Canada needed, please

 I don't mind coding the meter, but I HATE the feature on the UltraSmart
that comes up after every 25 tests. The meter freezes on the "check code"
screen and even after 4 years of using this meter, my brain can't remember
that. I insert a strip, wait a few seconds and apply the blood. Then I
realize nothing is happening and the screen still shows the check code
screen. Aaarrrggghhh!
Another wasted strip. Sure, if I paid more attention I'd notice it and press
the button to continue with my test but at least 1/3 of the time I don't.

 And, once I mess up that strip the 25 test count is off, so when I start a
new vial of strips the message doesn't come up with the first test.

 My original UltraSmart (from 2004) can be changed to mmol/l but I don't
think my backup can. If Felix gives his new Lifescan link meter to someone
in Canada, the readings will most likely come up in mg/dl.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987