Re: [IP] MM's "Onetouch Ultralink" meter: My verdict. Also: Help from Canada needed, please

 I don't mind coding the meter, but I HATE the feature on the UltraSmart that
comes up after every 25 tests. The meter freezes on the "check code" screen and
even after 4 years of using this meter, my brain can't remember that. I insert a
strip, wait a few seconds and apply the blood. Then I realize nothing is
happening and the screen still shows the check code screen. Aaarrrggghhh!
Another wasted strip. Sure, if I paid more attention I'd notice it and press the
button to continue with my test but at least 1/3 of the time I don't.

 And, once I mess up that strip the 25 test count is off, so when I start a new
vial of strips the message doesn't come up with the first test.

 My original UltraSmart (from 2004) can be changed to mmol/l but I don't think
my backup can. If Felix gives his new Lifescan link meter to someone in Canada,
the readings will most likely come up in mg/dl.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987