Re: [IP] Time for a new pump and possible CGMS - which would you choose?

--- On Mon, 4/28/08, comom <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Our son's MiniMed Paradigm 515 is shot.  He is wearing
> a loaner pump right
> now, which is due back in 90 days.
>
> We are trying to decide which pump to get him next.
>
> Would you, if you were in our situation, simply upgrade to
> the 522?  Or
> would you choose a pump manufactured by a different
> company?

 I can't help with your decision, as so far the only pump I've used is my MM715.
I also don't have a CGMS. But, if you do decide to switch to another company,
Minimed might charge you for the loaner pump. Is your son's pump out of
warranty, or just dead? If it is out of warranty then I'm pretty sure they will
charge you for the loaner.

 Have you been happy with the Minimed pump? Are there features it lacks that
another pump has?

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987