[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V10 #867

I tried to find out when I would get my son's new one touch meter the
following is the message I received.
"Based on the information you provided, we were unable to find you in our
list of customers eligible to receive the OneTouch. UltraLinkT Meter at this
time. Please check to make sure that the information you provided is
correct.

Please Note: If you own a MiniMed Paradigm,. Insulin Pump (Models 512/712 or
515/715) we plan to send you a OneTouch. UltralinkT Meter at no charge later
this year. At that time your name will be added to the list of eligible
customers and you will be able to check on the status of your meter shipment
online. We will post updates on our website as more information becomes
available.

You are not currently eligible to receive a OneTouch. UltralinkT Meter at no
charge if:

  1.. You do not own a compatible MiniMed Paradigm insulin pump (models
512/712, 515/715, 522/722) or a Guardian. REAL-Time System.
  2.. You are a member of one of the following insurance plans where
existing contractual obligations precludes Medtronic from shipping this
product to you:
    a.. Kaiser Permanente
    b.. Health First Health Plan of Florida
    c.. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont "
I then called Medtronic and they said Kaiser won't cover it. I then said but
if I were to have paid 100% of the pump you would still be sending me the
meter, so I do not understand why we are not receiving it she then said I
needed to contact kaiser and find out why they are not allowing it.

My son started on the pump October of 2007.Kaiser has always covered the One
touch strips but not the others so we were not able to use the old meter
with the pump. Now we have the correct strips to use with the pump but they
will not get us the new Meter.So we still won't be able to use the new
meter.