RE: [IP] carelink usb what is it?

Hi again, Jenny --

 > [...] why it is so hard for the USB and such
 > to also be carried over to Mac or another
 > browser.

Your cameras and mass storage devices and scanners and so on work
because over the past thirty years, manufacturers of such devices
have slowly agreed to support a minimal common command set for
each type of device. With that, and with the huge market for
scanners, burners, and such, it makes sense for the OS to include
such a driver. (High-end scanners still include their own driver
software that "understands" the hardware better.)

Obviously, that doesn't apply to driver software for insulin
pumps.

The other aspect is that Windows with IE is the only platform that
will let a web-based application talk to the driver for a USB
device. I think I hadn't made that clear enough earlier.

And thanks for the joke!

Cheers,
Felix.