RE: [IP] High Risk OB/GYN in Northern VA?

Hi Miranda,

I don't know if thise is helpful information for you, but in some states, pg
diabetics are cared for exclusively by perinatologists.  When I lived in MD,
my ob and endo turned me over to my perinat completely for the duration of
my pregnancy.  Here in NJ, I was seen by an ob, endo, and the perinatologist
throughout.  I ended up finding a good ob by contacting my local natural
birth experts, since that was what I wanted (that is, to be treated as a
healthy mother, not as an accident waiting to happen.)  If you don't know
how it works in VA, it might be useful to find out.  You should be able to
find a list of perinatologist from your health insurance, but that won't
telll you how compatible their approach will be with your birth plan.

Best wishes to you on a healthy and happy pregnancy.  It is difficult, but
so worth it:)  The Mothering.com discussion boards have some wonderful
resources for pregnancy, including a thread for type 1 mamas.

Colleen