RE: [IP] RE: [help...

Hi Michelle,

 > Ive bolussed 4 to 5 times and sugar still
 > at 250 with ketones.

As Liz says, use a syringe to correct and change the set. Also,
use a new phial of insulin to correct.

Di you recently get any steroids? Are you ill, or running a fever?
Both may make you more resistant to the effects of insulin; I have
had to, at times, triple and quadruple my doses.

Once your BG comes under control, be careful and test even more
often: If your insulin resistance diminishes, an increased basal
may drive you low; or, if the set's cannula was encapsulated by
the body, there may be a pool of insulin that will get absorbed
hours later.

Cheers,
Felix.