[IP] Long Time Struggle/giving up

RE: Giving Up

Let it be said that although things have improved vastly and are now much,
much easier than 44 years ago when I was diagnosed, I do not believe we
need to be happy about having Diabetes. True, we can all imagine many much
worse scenarios, and yes, we can actually do just about anything we want
with effort.
I believe it is perfectly fair to sometime feel very sad and even sorry
for ourselves because we do always have that underlying fear of dying from
low BS. We are all sometimes unable to keep our glucose under control
despite incredible attention to every detail. It is really a no-respite
burden, although we can give it many positive "spins."
Anyhow, just my two cents worth on the topic of sometimes feeling bad
about having Diabetes. You are all a great group. See you.
Anne Taub, Type I, dx. 1964, minimed 722