RE: [IP] New reservoir without new insertion set

--- On Fri, 4/25/08, Felix Kasza (lists) <email @ redacted> wrote:
> That is what I do -- a 300uy reservoir lasts me six days,
> so I
> change reservoir and tubing with every other set change --
> except
> that I didn't bother to tell MM why I wanted to change
> my standing
> supply order. I just called and asked them to change it,
> period.

 I have to call Minimed and ask them to cancel my reservoir order for the rest
of the year, at least. I did that last year because I had a huge stockpile. I
fill the 300u reservoir and use it until it's empty. Around the holidays, that
could be only 5 days! Normally, 7-10 days. I don't refill the reservoirs,
although sometimes I will remove my current one and add in the last 100u from an
insulin vial to use it up.

> I never had a defective reservoir, probably because I do
> not put
> them in front of steamrollers, but I am unconcerned: Once
> the
> reservoir is in the pump, the likelihood of it being
> damaged is
> minimal.

 I have also not had any bad reservoirs in almost 3 years of pumping. Since MM
was sending 4 boxes every 3 months, all the extras add up.

 The first time I called to cancel my reservoir order I told the customer
service person that I used one until it was empty, although I change my cannula
every 3 days. She told me that everything should be changed every 3 days,
including the reservoir & tubing. I asked her MM sells Silhouettes in boxes of 5
complete sets + 5 cannulas (no tubing) if they didn't expect people to use one
piece of tubing/reservoir for at least 2 cannulas. She had no answer.

 I wish the 13mm Silhouettes had that option of only getting 5 pieces of tubing
per box.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987