[IP] pump management during surgery

I will be having knee replacement (one knee) surgery in May.  I know the topic
of pumps and surgery is in the archives but  I don't  know how to find the
topic.I tried and tried.  I am more anxious about  my pump than the surgery.
Could you please share what your endos had you do and how it worked out . And
did your anesthiologist listen.  Thanks Charlene