Re: [IP] New reservoir without new insertion set

Hi All

I am using a MM-722 with quick sets. I just started pumping in January.
When I was on MDI I was using 160u of Insulin  per day (50u Lantus x2,
and Humilog as needed). I got the 722 because it was the only one that
had a 300u reservoir at the time. So to get 3 or 4 days from an infusion
set it becomes necessary to refill the reservoir or replace. I have been
doing so since I started, first with Humalog and now with Novalog. Much
to my CDE's displeasure. I understand the Novalog has better
preservatives then Humalog which I think helps. As for the little
champaign bubbles in the reservoir, it just takes a second to tap them
out for expulsion into the vial. It wasn't much different when doing MDI
and I only had 100 syringes for a month of shots . And at 8 -10 shots
per day It was necessary to reuse them multiple times so they would last
a month.

Frank