[IP] appendectomy

 Just wanted to thank the listserv: I went to the ER last night and ended up
with an appendectomy at 2am. Thanks to all the discussions, I knew to talk to
the surgeon and anesthesiologist about my pump (they were happy to leave it on).
I was 95 before surgery, decreased my basal to 1/2 for two hours and I was 153
after surgery (about an hour later). I call that success (wanted to be
conservative). I've been 170-200 all morning despite multiple corrections, and
only finally came down to normal range this afternoon.

 So thanks to this group, I knew what to ask and (vaguely) what to do in this
unexpected situation!
-Tina