Re: [IP] Battery life

--- On Fri, 4/25/08, Jamie <email @ redacted> wrote:
>  So I'll put it out there... what kind of battery life
> do you get on your pumps
> and CGMS?

 I have a MM 715, no CGMS. When I started pumping I easily got 6-7 weeks from a
regular Energizer alkaline battery. Then I started to experiment with
dual/extended boluses, which drain the battery faster. Eventually I got so used
to the weak alarms that I often don't hear it. I've fallen asleep, forgetting I
had a BG reminder due to go off, and the pump has alarmed all night. Even the
vibrate won't wake me.

 Now I usually only get a month from each battery. I run a dual bolus pretty
much every day for lunch and sometimes for breakfast and/or dinner, depending on
what I'm eating and what my plans are. The alarms still go off for awhile before
I realize it.

At least the batteries are cheap, but I'd like to dispose of as few as I can.

--
Liz
dx Type 1 4/1987  <-- Today (4/25/08) is my 21st D anniversary!