Re: [IP] New reservoir without new insertion set

At 12:09 PM 4/25/2008, you wrote:
>Several times recently I have done just this.  I have either been just about
>out of Insulin or just too late to a meeting or whatever to do a full change
>
>I just take out the reservoir, rewind and then refill up to 300units.  I
>express the bubbles and then just attach and away I go.
>I have had no problems at all doing this.
>In fact, I used to do this all the time with my 508 because my supplier was
>always skimpy with supplies.
>So I hope you all have good look doing this too.
>Robert

I was trying to get MM to send me only half of the reservoirs and
said that I was going to refill them.
My supplies are billed to insurance at 100%.
The guy I was talking to said that sometimes the reservoirs can get
little hairline cracks in them and then leak and ruin the pump.
I don't know about that, but it sounds like they just want to sell
more reservoirs.
Do you think that it's pretty safe to do this and how many times can
a reservoir be reused?

Linda H.