[IP] Double Vision

From: "Jan H." <email @ redacted>
Subject: double vision [IP]

I have had double vision for about 5 days now. The eyeologist said it is due
to long-term DM (57.5 years) although it is not just a DM complication.
Since it was acute, it may clear up just as fast. It may last a month or
more.

Anyone else here have/had double vision and how was it handled? He said one
of the 6 nerves controlling my right eye is paralyzed perhaps from a slight
TIA. :-(((

Jan & Muskers- T-1 11/50

Jan,

I had double vision in my twenties after about ten years of Diabetes.   The
cause was temporary paralysis of the 6th cranial nerve and I handled it by
wearing an eye patch over one eye so that the double vision would not annoy
me.  It resolved itself within in about five months and I never had another
episode in my 53 years of diabetes.

Denise Guerin
Type 1 53 years
Paradigm 522