Re: [IP] meter problems?

When BD was testing their first meter I volunteered to
help test it. Lab technicians ran the tests on me and
I was befuddled at how intricate the entire procedure
seemed to be. When I received my own meter it was one
error after another and BD support told me I was not
using it properly.
I needed a machine that was easy to use when I was
experiencing low b.g. so I used the BD for a door
stop.

--- Karin Bowman <email @ redacted> wrote:

>  I only use one touch meters. the are consistently
> within 4 or 5 points of the
> lab results. When I was on MDI, I used a sliding
> scale and an Accu-Chek meter
> and about killed myself several times. My new doc
> gave me the One Touch and I
> haven't had any problems with them.
>
>   My dr's office has warned me not to use the BD
> meter. They have heard of
> enough
> bad situations (though not frequent) to suggest
> people use a different meter.
> This is apparently a known problem.
>
> -tina

 "Diabetes:Into The New Decade" a series of programs produced in 1990 but still
relevant today.
http://intonewdecade.blogspot.com/