Re: [IP] giving up

Hi Judy & Liz - Actually I don't really have any physical challenges
when I think of it. Except that I'm overweight and tired sometimes.
I've always been in "denial", which seemed healthy to me. I'm rethinking
stuff over I guess. The challenges for me are really emotional, having
to be "dependent " on other people. And often having to educate doctors,
etc.

The idea that someone "makes a living"  such as a doctor, on my being
ill deeply offends me. I'm not saying they don't help once in a while
but the whole system is just bad as far as I'm concerned..  But no, I've
never felt different in the sense that until recently I worked to
support myself, worked very hard, long hours. I had good jobs, never
even spoke about diabetes. I didn't have to as far as employers. I have
no physical complications after 18 years. Just a LOT of emotional stuff.

"They" say that it's the resistance to something (and not the situation)
that causes pain and suffering. And I think I'm still just resisting.

Also as far as depression, I believe that many people have very valid
reasons to be depressed. I've met too many doctors who think that
depression must be alleviated at once, with drugs if necessary. But
depression means there's something going on, some process inside you
that's being dealt with or in some cases , something *not* being dealt with.

I guess I'm just whining, looking for a different way to see things -
something that will be a little more successful and positive than what
I've been entertaining for years.